2025 LQ Outpost Backcountry Ski Lodge Week
The Outpost – Mount Lequereux
The LQ Outpost is situated on the north flank of Mt. Lequereux (pronounced Le-care’-ouu) at an elevation of 2,200 meters. From the lodge enjoy the incredible views of the Valkyr Range to the west, Valhalla Range to the east and the Selkirk Range to the north. Heated by wood and powered by solar and a micro-hydro power system the Outpost has all the comforts and modern conveniences: indoor plumbing with 3 bathrooms / 2 showers, AC power for lights and charging stations. The newly renovated kitchen has expanded counter space, new appliances, new lighting and tiled entryways on both floors. The recent expansion has doubled the living space adding a large common area and office on the main floor along with the kitchen / dining room. A new wing on the ground floor added more guest bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with showers, and a cold food storage room. To top it off, new flooring was laid throughout the lodge!
The Accommodation: The Outpost has 6 guest rooms suitable for couples or 2 singles, with 2 extra rooms for staff. All bedding is provided.
The Skiing – Mt. Lequereux. Experience a ski touring dreamscape on all aspects of the mountain. Ski The Machine (one of the Best Treed Runs in the Kootenays) a 700m run through steep old growth forests work your turns on rolling alpine terrain or hone your skills on technical terrain, steep treeline chutes, alpine couloirs or a full day tour with 900 m runs from the top! There’s plenty of widely spaced treed runs for low vis or stormy days.
PricesSee Sidebar for current pricing.
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Shovel
- Avalanche Probe (Quick Draw Style)
- Avalanche Pack (with Avalanche Tools Compartment)
- Snow Saw (Optional)
Ski Touring/ Split-boarding Gear
- Skis with Alpine Touring Bindings OR Splitboard
- Alpine Touring Boots (compatible with your bindings)
- Skins (cut for your skis)
- Adjustable length ski poles
- Ski Helmet (optional)
- Sun Hat (baseball hat)
- Sun Glasses (IN ADDITION TO GOGGLES)
- Warm Hat
- 2x Buffs or face masks (These are for warmth and wind protection and are required for Covid-19 face coverings)
Upper Body Layers
- Long sleeve base layer top
- Fleece weight insulating top layers (Patgonia R1 or Nano Air are our favorites)
- Puffy - Mid Weight Down/synthetic, Patagonia Fitzroy or similar
- Waterproof Shell Jacket with Hood - Gore-Tex (or similar) - basic, lightweight shell, ideally NOT insulated
- Gloves-TWO pair
- one pair light/mid weight for skinning up and warm temps
- one mid/heavy weight for descending and colder temps
- Sports Bra - wool/synthetic
Lower Body Layers
- Underwear - wool/synthetic briefs/etc
- Long johns (weather dependent, we may choose not to use these depending on weather forecast)
- Socks - mid-weight wool/synthetic socks (Darntough are the best)
- Hardshell Pants - Gore-Tex or similar waterproof/breathable membrane pants that fit over your ski boots
- Softshell Pants (optional) - These offer a more breathable, but less weather resistant option for fair weather programs.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 minimum)
- Lip Balm (with SPF)
- Hand Sanitizer (Bring to use before eating or if suspected Covid-19 contamination)
Food and water
- Snacks for the day - we don't take an official lunch break, so be prepared to eat quickly on the go. Our days are jam packed with movement and learning so food must be quick and easy to eat.
- Water - bring two liters capacity. Bring a maximum of 2 Liters of water, more than that will be too much weight! Please bring at least one hard sided water bottle, but typically I bring a Nalgene and a Hydrapack or Camelback/Platypus/Etc. Hydration systems typically work well in Tahoe without freezing, but have a hard sided backup in case.
- First Aid/blister Kit
- Chemical hand warmers
- Hydration System (Camelback, etc). Please bring an additional hard sided water bottle if you choose to bring a hydration system.
Know Before You Go
LQ Outpost (Lequereux Backcountry Lodge), Valkyr Range, British Columbia
Expect full days of ski touring with lunch eaten in the field. Tours will generally be out all day, covering roughly 3,000-6,000' vertical each day.
7 Days, 6 nights
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding item to your cart