Snowfall Lodge BC 2024
Snowfall Lodge is perched at treeline on the north flank of Battle Mountain, a remote peak of the famed Selkirk Mountains. The lodge’s location, just south of Rogers Pass, provides amazing access to steep tree skiing, ski mountaineering objectives, and a plethora of long glaciated ski runs up to 4,000’ long. The mix of alpine terrain, excellent, old growth tree skiing and massive snowfalls, makes the Snowfall Lodge an incredible destination to backcountry ski in British Columbia.
Snowfall features modern amenities including a sauna, a shower room, indoor pee toilets and double occupancy rooms. A drying room, large kitchen and living area to relax in, make it a perfect refuge after a long day of skiing. The lodge also boasts access to wifi via the lodge's computer.
On top of the comfortable accommodation, the Lodge's amazing chef takes away the burden of preparing meals. The chef prepares breakfast, dinner, snacks and a spread for lunch -all included aside from personal alcoholic drinks.
Daily ski trips will be guided by our IFMGA, ACMG and AMGA certified and trained guides, ensuring that you ski in lower ratio groups so that you get more fresh tracks and have a better experience. Lodge trips are all about replacing the crowds and everyday grind with backcountry skiing in solitude and the simplicity of cabin life. Join us at the Snowfall Lodge for a backcountry ski trip you'll never forget!
There are nine guest bedrooms; one with a double bed and the rest with two twin beds. All bedding, duvets and pillows are provided. Staff accommodation is separate.
There is a full kitchen setup with a six burner propane oven. There is a cool room vented to the outside and a freezer. Relax and let our chef prepare gourmet meals after a day of skiing.
Snowfall Lodge has a wood-fired cedar sauna in a separate building. It has two shower stalls and a large change room. You can warm up and clean up after a big day skiing.
The lodge has satellite internet, a dedicated drying room with a propane heater, indoor pee toilets and yoga mats with plenty of room to stretch.
Snowfall Lodge Statistics
- 10,000 Acres of Terrain
- 2000m (6,600') Vertical Relief
- 8 Glaciers
- 2800m (9,250') Snowfall's Tallest Peak
- 9 Bedrooms
- 1 Wood Fired Sauna
- 2 Shower Stalls
Deposit and Payments
This is a non-refundable deposit and secures your spot at the Snowfall Lodge Backcountry Ski Lodge for the dates booked.
Pricing for 2024 is currently being finalized.
What to Expect
- Lodge based day trips
- 3,000-5,500' vertical (1000-1700m) per day
- Open alpine bowls and treed runs
- Glaciated terrain
- 1000'/hr min pace & ability to skin for 1-1.5 hrs between breaks
What is Included
- Helicopter transport to and from the lodge from the staging area
- Meals at the lodge, including breakfast, lunch, appetizers, dinner and desert, all prepared by a professional cook
- Ski Guiding by IFMGA , AMGA and ACMG Ski guides
What is Not Included
- Transportation to the helicopter staging area
- Hotels before and after the trip
- Gratuities for guides, cooks and caretaker
PricesSee Sidebar for Pricing.
Jan 19: Arrive in Nakusp, BC for pre-trip meeting and gear check. For those flying, it is best to use Spokane, WA (GEG) then drive north via Nelson to Nakusp. An alternative is to fly into Kelowna and drive directly to Nakusp or stop and ski in Revelstoke. Inquire about adding a day or two of guided skiing at Revelstoke or Rogers Pass to the beginning or your trip!
Jan 20-26, 2024: We will drive to Beaton, BC where the helicopter staging area is located. Once we've sorted our gear and prepped for takeoff, a series of helicopter flights will shuttle our group to the lodge.
After arrival, we'll settle our gear in the lodge and split into groups to refresh avalanche rescue skills and learn glacier travel skills.
The rest of the week will be spent exploring the expansive terrain that makes Snowfall incredible. Each day we'll wake to hot coffee and a large breakfast, pack lunch and ski tour 3k' to 6k'. We'll return to the lodge for a sauna, appetizers and apres ski on the deck.
January 27: We pack up and helicopter back to the staging area by mid-day.
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Shovel
- Avalanche Probe (Quick Draw Style)
- Avalanche Pack (with Avalanche Tools Compartment)
- Snow Saw (Optional)
Ski Touring/ Split-boarding Gear
- Skis with Alpine Touring Bindings OR Splitboard
- Alpine Touring Boots (compatible with your bindings)
- Skins (cut for your skis)
- Adjustable length ski poles
- Ski Helmet (optional)
- Sun Hat (baseball hat)
- Sun Glasses (IN ADDITION TO GOGGLES)
- Warm Hat
- 2x Buffs or face masks (These are for warmth and wind protection and are required for Covid-19 face coverings)
Upper Body Layers
- Long sleeve base layer top
- Fleece weight insulating top layers (Patgonia R1 or Nano Air are our favorites)
- Puffy - Mid Weight Down/synthetic, Patagonia Fitzroy or similar
- Waterproof Shell Jacket with Hood - Gore-Tex (or similar) - basic, lightweight shell, ideally NOT insulated
- Gloves-TWO pair
- one pair light/mid weight for skinning up and warm temps
- one mid/heavy weight for descending and colder temps
- Sports Bra - wool/synthetic
Lower Body Layers
- Underwear - wool/synthetic briefs/etc
- Long johns (weather dependent, we may choose not to use these depending on weather forecast)
- Socks - mid-weight wool/synthetic socks (Darntough are the best)
- Hardshell Pants - Gore-Tex or similar waterproof/breathable membrane pants that fit over your ski boots
- Softshell Pants (optional) - These offer a more breathable, but less weather resistant option for fair weather programs.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 minimum)
- Lip Balm (with SPF)
- Hand Sanitizer (Bring to use before eating or if suspected Covid-19 contamination)
Food and water
- Snacks for the day - we don't take an official lunch break, so be prepared to eat quickly on the go. Our days are jam packed with movement and learning so food must be quick and easy to eat.
- Water - bring two liters capacity. Bring a maximum of 2 Liters of water, more than that will be too much weight! Please bring at least one hard sided water bottle, but typically I bring a Nalgene and a Hydrapack or Camelback/Platypus/Etc. Hydration systems typically work well in Tahoe without freezing, but have a hard sided backup in case.
- First Aid/blister Kit
- Chemical hand warmers
- Hydration System (Camelback, etc). Please bring an additional hard sided water bottle if you choose to bring a hydration system.
Know Before You Go
Snowfall Lodge, Selkirk Mountains, British Columbia
Expect full days of ski touring with lunch eaten in the field. Tours will generally be out all day, covering roughly 3,000-5,000' vertical each day.
7 Days, 6 nights
Price is a deposit only
See the Overview tab for pricing and payment details
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding item to your cart