Icefall Lodge BC Ski Week
Jan 14-21, 2023
Jan 22-29, 2023
Icefall Lodge was built as a skier’s dream. In 2005, the Icefall Lodge was created on more a tenure of 50,000 acres of spectacular terrain that incorporated the best features of classic ranges across the world from British Columbia, to the Alps, to the Himalaya. According to Icefall's founder, Larry Dolecki, “We more or less just built a hut and worried about the business side afterward. We figured the worst case scenario was that we had a ski hut in a cool location even if it didn’t make money.” It's a backcountry skier's dream and we want to share it with you!
Icefall Lodge was built as a skier’s dream. Larry Dolecki’s dream to be exact. After years of guiding around British Columbia, the Alps, the Himalayas and the world, Larry Dolecki began trying to bring together the best aspects of the many different places he has guided. After years of searching, he found Icefall.
In 2005 and Icefall Lodge was created on more a tenure of 50,000 acres of spectacular terrain. According to Larry “We more or less just built a hut and worried about the business side afterward. We figured the worst case scenario was that we had a ski hut in a cool location even if it didn’t make money.” The focus on skiing first, business second has continued and Larry continues to guide many of the groups at Icefall personally.
However, terrain like Icefall’s draws skiers and the business has done well. Since then, Larry has built four more huts: the Mons Hut, the Lyell Hut, the Rostrum Cabin and the Alexandra Cabin. These 4 huts near Icefall Lodge allow for overnight trips for groups based at the lodge. The Alexandra Cabin can be used as a stand alone destination. They also allow for a spring traverse between the 4 huts and the lodge.
In 2015 he built Snowfall Lodge in an entirely new tenure south of Rogers Pass. He has a couple other ideas for places to build ski huts.
Icefall Lodge features modern amenities including a sauna, a shower room, indoor pee toilets and double occupancy rooms. A drying room, large kitchen and living area to relax in, make it a perfect refuge after a long day of skiing. The lodge also boasts access to wifi via the lodge's computer.
On top of the comfortable accommodation, the Lodge's amazing chef takes away the burden of preparing meals. The chef prepares breakfast, dinner, snacks and a spread for lunch -all included aside from personal alcoholic drinks.
Daily ski trips will be guided by our group of 3 certified guides, ensuring that you ski in lower ratio groups so that you get more fresh tracks and have a better experience. Lodge trips are all about replacing the crowds and everyday grind with backcountry skiing in solitude and the simplicity of cabin life.
- 9 bedrooms and 2 lofts can comfortably accommodate 18 guests in double or single rooms
- Drying room with propane heater
- Sauna and shower
2 lodges, both with wood stoves, comfortable living rooms and glacier views out the front window
Indoor pee toilets
- Satellite internet
- Hut shoes
- Ipod speakers
- Yoga mats and plenty of room to stretch
Deposit: 10% deposit secures your booking.
Balance due Oct 1, 2022.
Capacity: 18 guests
- Lodge based day trips
- 3,000-5,500' vertical (1000-1700m) per day
- Open alpine bowls and treed runs
- Glaciated terrain
- 1000'/hr min pace & ability to skin for 1-1.5 hrs between breaks
Zeb Blais, AMGA Ski & Alpine Guide
Ryan Huetter, IFMGA
Geoff Unger, IFMGA
Prices$2,400 per person
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Shovel
- Avalanche Probe (Quick Draw Style)
- Avalanche Pack (with Avalanche Tools Compartment)
- Snow Saw (Optional)
Ski Touring/ Split-boarding Gear
- Skis with Alpine Touring Bindings OR Splitboard
- Alpine Touring Boots (compatible with your bindings)
- Skins (cut for your skis)
- Adjustable length ski poles
- Ski Helmet (optional)
- Sun Hat (baseball hat)
- Sun Glasses (IN ADDITION TO GOGGLES)
- Warm Hat
- 2x Buffs or face masks (These are for warmth and wind protection and are required for Covid-19 face coverings)
Upper Body Layers
- Long sleeve base layer top
- Fleece weight insulating top layers (Patgonia R1 or Nano Air are our favorites)
- Puffy - Mid Weight Down/synthetic, Patagonia Fitzroy or similar
- Waterproof Shell Jacket with Hood - Gore-Tex (or similar) - basic, lightweight shell, ideally NOT insulated
- Gloves-TWO pair
- one pair light/mid weight for skinning up and warm temps
- one mid/heavy weight for descending and colder temps
- Sports Bra - wool/synthetic
Lower Body Layers
- Underwear - wool/synthetic briefs/etc
- Long johns (weather dependent, we may choose not to use these depending on weather forecast)
- Socks - mid-weight wool/synthetic socks (Darntough are the best)
- Hardshell Pants - Gore-Tex or similar waterproof/breathable membrane pants that fit over your ski boots
- Softshell Pants (optional) - These offer a more breathable, but less weather resistant option for fair weather programs.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 minimum)
- Lip Balm (with SPF)
- Hand Sanitizer (Bring to use before eating or if suspected Covid-19 contamination)
Food and water
- Snacks for the day - we don't take an official lunch break, so be prepared to eat quickly on the go. Our days are jam packed with movement and learning so food must be quick and easy to eat.
- Water - bring two liters capacity. Bring a maximum of 2 Liters of water, more than that will be too much weight! Please bring at least one hard sided water bottle, but typically I bring a Nalgene and a Hydrapack or Camelback/Platypus/Etc. Hydration systems typically work well in Tahoe without freezing, but have a hard sided backup in case.
- First Aid/blister Kit
- Chemical hand warmers
- Hydration System (Camelback, etc). Please bring an additional hard sided water bottle if you choose to bring a hydration system.
Know Before You Go
Icefall Lodge, Selkirk Mountains, British Columbia
Expect full days of ski touring with lunch eaten in the field. Tours will generally be out all day, covering roughly 3,000-6,000' vertical each day.
7 Days, 6 nights
$2,400 (book with a $250 deposit here)
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart