Sunrise Lodge BC Ski Week
February 5-12, 2022
Sunrise Lodge is the OG of GAH for a reason. It’s the southern gateway of the Esplanade and offers stunning views of the Rockies to the west and the Purcells to the south. A short hike to Paradise Ridge rewards you with amazing views in all directions. Sunrise is the first lodge to receive morning light making morning coffee even better with easily the best outhouse views you can ask for! The terrain offers everything, great alpine and tree skiing on all aspects makes it the perfect place to get great skiing in all weather conditions.
February 5-12, 2022
Sunrise Lodge is the OG of GAH for a reason. It’s the southern gateway of the Esplanade and offers stunning views of the Rockies to the west and the Purcells to the south. A short hike to Paradise Ridge rewards you with amazing views in all directions. Sunrise is the first lodge to receive morning light making morning coffee even better with easily the best outhouse views you can ask for! With limited cell coverage it’s the perfect ratio of staying connected but not too connected. The terrain offers everything, great alpine and tree skiing on all aspects makes it the perfect place to get great skiing in all weather conditions.
Daily ski trips will be guided by certified guides, ensuring that you ski in lower ratio groups so that you get more fresh tracks and have a better experience. Lodge trips are all about replacing the crowds and everyday grind with backcountry skiing in solitude and the simplicity of cabin life.
Deposit: $250 deposit secures your booking.
Capacity: 12 Guests
- Lodge based day trips
- 3,000-5,500' vertical (1000-1700m) per day
- Open alpine bowls and treed runs
- Glaciated terrain
- 1000'/hr min pace & ability to skin for 1-1.5 hrs between breaks
Zeb Blais, IFMGA
Ryan Huetter, IFMGA
PricesSee Price in Sidebar
A week of fully guided, fully catered touring from an incredible, heli-accessed private lodge!
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Shovel
- Avalanche Probe (Quick Draw Style)
- Avalanche Pack (with Avalanche Tools Compartment)
- Snow Saw (Optional)
Ski Touring/ Split-boarding Gear
- Skis with Alpine Touring Bindings OR Splitboard
- Alpine Touring Boots (compatible with your bindings)
- Skins (cut for your skis)
- Adjustable length ski poles
- Ski Helmet (optional)
- Sun Hat (baseball hat)
- Sun Glasses (IN ADDITION TO GOGGLES)
- Warm Hat
- 2x Buffs or face masks (These are for warmth and wind protection and are required for Covid-19 face coverings)
Upper Body Layers
- Long sleeve base layer top
- Fleece weight insulating top layers (Patgonia R1 or Nano Air are our favorites)
- Puffy - Mid Weight Down/synthetic, Patagonia Fitzroy or similar
- Waterproof Shell Jacket with Hood - Gore-Tex (or similar) - basic, lightweight shell, ideally NOT insulated
- Gloves-TWO pair
- one pair light/mid weight for skinning up and warm temps
- one mid/heavy weight for descending and colder temps
- Sports Bra - wool/synthetic
Lower Body Layers
- Underwear - wool/synthetic briefs/etc
- Long johns (weather dependent, we may choose not to use these depending on weather forecast)
- Socks - mid-weight wool/synthetic socks (Darntough are the best)
- Hardshell Pants - Gore-Tex or similar waterproof/breathable membrane pants that fit over your ski boots
- Softshell Pants (optional) - These offer a more breathable, but less weather resistant option for fair weather programs.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 minimum)
- Lip Balm (with SPF)
- Hand Sanitizer (Bring to use before eating or if suspected Covid-19 contamination)
Food and water
- Snacks for the day - we don't take an official lunch break, so be prepared to eat quickly on the go. Our days are jam packed with movement and learning so food must be quick and easy to eat.
- Water - bring two liters capacity. Bring a maximum of 2 Liters of water, more than that will be too much weight! Please bring at least one hard sided water bottle, but typically I bring a Nalgene and a Hydrapack or Camelback/Platypus/Etc. Hydration systems typically work well in Tahoe without freezing, but have a hard sided backup in case.
- First Aid/blister Kit
- Chemical hand warmers
- Hydration System (Camelback, etc). Please bring an additional hard sided water bottle if you choose to bring a hydration system.
Know Before You Go
Sunrise Lodge, Esplanade Mountains, British Columbia
Expect full days of ski touring with lunch eaten in the field. Tours will generally be out all day, covering roughly 3,000-5,000' vertical each day.
7 Days, 6 nights
Price Shown is a 10% Deposit
Total Price is $2500.
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding item to your cart