Truckee Tahoe Backpacking
Explore endless lakes and miles of trail with a guided backpacking trip near Truckee! Whether it's just you or friends, or you want to send your kids on a life-changing backpacking trip, we can plan a trip to suit your wants and needs!
Trip Options (Just to name a few)
Castle/Basin Peak Zone - Warren, Paradise, & Summit Lakes
Complete this trip in two days or make it four, there are endless lakes to link up and day hikes to explore. This trip is sure to consist of classic Sierra Nevada lakes filled with trout (for those who like fishing), and each day ending with gorgeous sunsets.
Good physical fitness is recommended for this trip! If you're not sure how many miles you want to hike or how many days you want to be out, contact us! We will pick a route that is appropriate for your skill level and fitness.
If you're planning on loving backpacking and want to buy all your own gear, we can set you up with a comprehensive list of everything you will need! If you want to rent gear to try it out first, we can set you up with one of our partners that will get you dialed with everything you need!
PricesContact us for pricing! Pricing varies based on the number of people and number of days.
- Sleeping bag - Down or synthetic, rated 15-25 degrees
- Sleeping pad - closed cell or inflatable
- Pillow (backpacking specific inflatable, or just use a jacket)
- Backpack - Internal frame, 60-75 liters in size
- Trekking poles (optional but recommended)
- Hiking shoe or boots
- Lightweight bowl and spork
- Insulated mug
- Hard shell with a hood
- Soft shell hiking pant
- Lightweight long underwear bottom
- Lightweight long underwear top
- Midweight insulating layer
- Insulated down or synthetic jacket
- Synthetic Tee shirt
- Warm hat/beanie
- Sun hat/ball cap
- 2 Pairs of socks
- Synthetic shorts and/or swimsuit
- Underwear/sports bra
Food and Water
- Ability to carry two liters of water - please have at least one hard sided water bottle/Nalgene
- Snacks and Lunch for each day
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 minimum)
- Lip Balm (with SPF)
- Toilet paper
- Lightweight trowel
- Baby wipes
- Small ziploc bags
- Toiletries - meds, toothbrush (small), toothpaste (small), blister kit
- Ear plugs (for sleeping)
- Stuff sacks (for organization)
- Multi tool/pocket knife
- Insect repellent
Group Gear Supplied by Blackbird Mountain Guides
- Guide’s First Aid Kits
- Wag Bags (Solid Human Waste Disposal Bags)
- Repair Kits
- Fuel for stoves
Know Before You Go
6,000 - 9,000'
Technical Difficulty ⚫⚫⚪⚪⚪
Technical difficulty depends on your goals and desires for the day!
Physical Difficulty ⚫⚫⚪⚪⚪
Physical difficulty depends on your goals and desires for the day!
2-4 Days (or more depending on your desires)
CONTACT US FOR 2022 DATES
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding item to your cart