2024 Valkyr Lodge BC Ski Week
Set in the largely unexplored Valkyr range, the Valkyr Lodge boasts 8 peaks over 8,000′, with a huge variety of terrain choices.
The Valkyr Lodge is perched at 2,210 meters on the north end of the range on Naumulten Mountain. From here there are 7 unique ski zones on 3 mountains – Naumulten, Mount Rollins and the north face of Mt. McBride. Runs on all aspects provide options for all snow and weather conditions, so even if the snowpack is less than certain there is a variety of terrain for backcountry skiers at Valkyr Lodge!
From steep couloirs and alpine features to rolling open glades, there’s a wide selection of terrain to choose from to accommodate all ability levels and ski touring agendas.
- 6 double occupancy bedrooms accommodating 12 guests
- Running water - no hauling water!
- Drying room with propane heater
- Wood fired sauna and shower
A $250 deposit secures your booking
- Lodge based day trips
- 3,000-5,500' vertical (1000-1700m) per day
- Open alpine bowls and treed runs
- 1000'/hr min pace & ability to skin for 1-1.5 hrs between breaks
Zeb Blais, IFMGA Mountain Guide
Guide 2 TBD.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for this trip. Please see our International Trips and Travel Insurance section for details on what you need for insurance.
PricesSee Sidebar for current pricing.
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Shovel
- Avalanche Probe (Quick Draw Style)
- Avalanche Pack (with Avalanche Tools Compartment)
- Snow Saw (Optional)
Ski Touring/ Split-boarding Gear
- Skis with Alpine Touring Bindings OR Splitboard
- Alpine Touring Boots (compatible with your bindings)
- Skins (cut for your skis)
- Adjustable length ski poles
- Ski Helmet (optional)
- Sun Hat (baseball hat)
- Sun Glasses (IN ADDITION TO GOGGLES)
- Warm Hat
- 2x Buffs or face masks (These are for warmth and wind protection and are required for Covid-19 face coverings)
Upper Body Layers
- Long sleeve base layer top
- Fleece weight insulating top layers (Patgonia R1 or Nano Air are our favorites)
- Puffy - Mid Weight Down/synthetic, Patagonia Fitzroy or similar
- Waterproof Shell Jacket with Hood - Gore-Tex (or similar) - basic, lightweight shell, ideally NOT insulated
- Gloves-TWO pair
- one pair light/mid weight for skinning up and warm temps
- one mid/heavy weight for descending and colder temps
- Sports Bra - wool/synthetic
Lower Body Layers
- Underwear - wool/synthetic briefs/etc
- Long johns (weather dependent, we may choose not to use these depending on weather forecast)
- Socks - mid-weight wool/synthetic socks (Darntough are the best)
- Hardshell Pants - Gore-Tex or similar waterproof/breathable membrane pants that fit over your ski boots
- Softshell Pants (optional) - These offer a more breathable, but less weather resistant option for fair weather programs.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 minimum)
- Lip Balm (with SPF)
- Hand Sanitizer (Bring to use before eating or if suspected Covid-19 contamination)
Food and water
- Snacks for the day - we don't take an official lunch break, so be prepared to eat quickly on the go. Our days are jam packed with movement and learning so food must be quick and easy to eat.
- Water - bring two liters capacity. Bring a maximum of 2 Liters of water, more than that will be too much weight! Please bring at least one hard sided water bottle, but typically I bring a Nalgene and a Hydrapack or Camelback/Platypus/Etc. Hydration systems typically work well in Tahoe without freezing, but have a hard sided backup in case.
- First Aid/blister Kit
- Chemical hand warmers
- Hydration System (Camelback, etc). Please bring an additional hard sided water bottle if you choose to bring a hydration system.
Know Before You Go
Valkyr Lodge, Valkyr Range, British Columbia
Expect full days of ski touring with lunch eaten in the field. Tours will generally be out all day, covering roughly 3,000-6,000' vertical each day.
7 Days, 6 nights
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding item to your cart